Monday, May 2, 2016

In bloom this week: May 2, 2016

There is no such thing as too many rose blooms

Before I fill this page with roses, a few other flowers that are blooming this week.
One blue poppy, this is meconopsis 'Lingholm'. I bought two plants from the Rhododendron Garden in Federal Way in March, this one is blooming now and has another bud visible. I can't tell yet if the other will bloom this year.

Blue poppy

Common camas, just planted earlier in the spring. The great camas finished blooming last week, this looks very similar but smaller. I hope to have more of both next year. 

Common camas

Aquilegia, on my sunny hillside - see the cottonwood fluff? No wonder so many people have allergies right now.





Wild strawberries, mixed in with the aquilegia. I planted these all over the hillside years ago, now getting rid of the grass that grew in and finding these still surviving. They get very tiny berries, hard to even pick. 

Wild strawberry

One Dutch iris, in the rose garden.

Dutch iris

Now, a few more roses!








The iris is not quite blooming yet, but getting closer. I tinkered with the succulents in the pot behind it, and also see the lupine getting ready to bloom on the right. 




No comments:

Post a Comment