Monday, July 18, 2016

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - July 2016

Delphinium in my vegetable garden
I'm a few days late for Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day again. GBBD is Carol at May Dreams Gardens monthly roundup, held on the 15th of each month. Even when I don't join in, it's always fun to see what's in bloom around the world.

I tried to keep this short, but every other flower is one of my favorites right now! Fall is coming, I'll enjoy every one of my summer blooms while I can.

On the sunny lower hillside, all new plantings this year:
Lupine
Lupine and hot lips salvia
Coreopsis, newly planted
Coreopsis and yarrow, newly planted
Harebell

Flowers in my vegetable garden:

Sunflowers
Dahlia
Lupine and delphinium

Among the roses, also all new this year except the roses:

Catmint and calamint
Yarrow and calamint


And a few others:

Fuschia in hanging pot
Balloon flower
Mixed annuals and mint
English daisies, lavender and mint

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is my first time here. Like you i normally got late in posting for GBBD, but this time i forgot about it. Never mind, at least i got a lot to visit.

    It is not often to see delphiniums in blogposts, even if it doesn't grow in hot climates i love it. And of course the lupines. The first time i saw it as weeds in train tracks in Sweden i am immediately smitten, so when i found them lushly growing in NZ i can't help taking lots of photos. That salvia,i guess grows here, as we have it. I didn't know it is called hot lips salvia. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, delphinium seem to really like the climate here in the coastal Pacific Northwest, the blooms get so heavy they fall over. That particular salvia is named 'hot lips', it's borderline winter hardy here - so we'll see if it's still alive in the spring, but I'm really loving the blooms now.

      Delete