Tuesday, July 12, 2016

In bloom this week: July 11, 2016

Gladiola
This week it's the gladiolus turn to pop out. They're one of those bulbs that does well for a few years and then seems to disappear, at least in my yard, but I'm fond of them. I planted a mixed bag two years ago in a couple of areas.

First, the little circle garden in my back lawn.

Gladiolus, monarda and salvia
Monarda

Also in my shady front garden bed - not really shady, but more so than the rest of my yard.

In between the bottom roses
Gladiolus in the last afternoon sun
Balloonflower and lavender
Last foxglove blooms
Lavender, peas and daisies
Fireweed mixed in with the bottom roses

Since I'm on a purple and blue theme today, here's a few more around the yard.

Fading ranunculus and catmint in the rose garden
Dahlia in the vegetable garden
Cosmos at the back of the vegetable garden

What's popping out in your yard this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment