Wednesday, April 4, 2018

In bloom this week: April 4, 2018

Flowering currant

March was a little chilly but surprisingly not too wet and the flowers seem to like that. My giant flowering currant bushes are reminding me why they're my favorite shrubs.

April showers are going to bring a mud pit to my back yard with contractors starting on retaining wall replacement tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy the spring flowers!

Forget-me-not
Chionodoxa
Chionodoxa
Corydalis
Grape hyacinth, moved into a pot right after I took this photo
Rosemary has bloomed all winter
Rock cress, all in front were planted from seed last year
Rock cress
Daffodils!
Daffodils, love these long trumpets
My current favorite daffodils
Or maybe this is my favorite
Forsythia
Oregon grape
Flowering currant
Flowering currant 
Can't get the whole flowering currant jungle in one picture
Saxifraga 'Touran - Deep Red'
Fritillaria meleagris
Probably Helleborus x ballardiae Gold Collection 'Maestro'
Helleborus 'Pink Frost'
Shooting star, not sure which dodecatheon this is
Tulips
Tulips, these are now in a planter to avoid the construction too
Kinnikinnick
Daisy, bellis perennis 'Tasso Red'


Some of the daffodils had to move all the way inside to get out of the way of the construction:



1 comment:

  1. I have a similar flowering currant jungle, three large shrubs planted a little too close together. Yours are a much deeper pink than mine. Good luck on your construction!

    ReplyDelete