Sunday, April 15, 2018

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - April 2018

Bleeding heart and flowering currant

We've had more than the average rainfall for the whole month of April so far this month, and it seems like plants are behind in growing and blooming. But I checked last year and it was pretty similar - and there's actually a lot in bloom, especially since I've been adding bulbs every year. Tulips and crocuses fade away after a few years, or get eaten by the squirrels, but daffodils multiple nicely and I'm experimenting with the lesser known bulbs.

Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting the monthly roundup of blooms.

I especially love how many native plants are growing and blooming!

Bleeding heart and flowering currant



Bear grass!
Trillium
Dodecatheon
Flowering currant

The non-natives are pretty too!

Forget-me-not
Grape hyacinth, transplanted twice while in bloom
Vinca minor - a bit invasive but I keep this patch under control
Creeping phlox
Tulip
Daffodils are hanging on
Anemone
Rock cress
Tulips
Pulsatilla
Fritillaria
Tulips
Tulips dug up for construction, waiting to be replanted


Inside, my African violets are back in bloom, and Christmas cactus has a last few blooms.






What's next? Lilacs, camassia, apples and so much more - spring is here!


5 comments:

  1. Love all the bulbs flowering!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it is my computer screen, but the anemone was a beautiful shocking blue! Absolutely gorgeous!

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it’s an amazing blue! I have to remember to plant more because they don’t last more than a year or two, either the squirrels get them or maybe too wet of winters.

      Delete
  3. It's always nice to see what people can grow in Seattle. Jealousy raises its old gray head...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like seeing what’s blooming everywhere, but I am partial to spring in the northwest!

      Delete