Sunday, April 24, 2016

In bloom this week: Apr. 24, 2016

Roses!
I skipped my in bloom post last week, I just didn't have the energy to put pictures together. It was very hot and bright for the first half of the week, reminded me unpleasantly of last summer. I've planted so many new plants this spring, had to do a lot of watering. Back to rain now, so I was dodging showers to take pictures.

Roses are about to leap into full bloom, about a quarter of our bushes have large buds or blooms already.







A few last spring bulbs: the allium are in full bloom, anemones and bluebells are fading. The bluebells went quickly, they weren't even fully in bloom two weeks ago.

Allium
Bluebell

Anemone
This is cheating because I just planted it, but I've always loved foxglove. I remember seeing these as a kid - and being warned not to touch them. Apparently it's not really a native plant, but is very common in more wild areas.

Foxglove

Borage in my vegetable garden, planted earlier this year because it's supposed to be a good companion plant. I didn't realize it would have such nice flowers.

Borage

I really hope my great camas will spread a lot, I don't know how it took me so long to discover this native plant.

Great camas

The kiwi blooms finally opened all the way, and now starting to fade. The grapes will be next, and then that's all of my fruit.

Hardy kiwi

All except the strawberries, which will bloom on and off all summer.

Strawberries


Next week: maybe an iris?

Iris, unknown variety

No comments:

Post a Comment