Tuesday, March 29, 2016

In bloom this week: Mar. 29, 2016

Asian pear

Where did March go?! In like a lion with a storm on the first and out like a lamb, sunshine all week. I need to remember to take pictures earlier in the day, the sun is too bright when I go out in the late afternoon.

The classic spring bulbs are still here, I have more planted this year and different varieties so I'm enjoying a longer bloom time.
Late daffodil
Tulips

Sunny daffodil

Vinca minor, or periwinkle, spreads quickly but so far I'm happy with a few areas where I transplanted it last year.
Periwinkle


All four of my blueberries are blooming, but hard to get pictures of them. I grow a lot of fruit but these are my favorites!
Blueberry

Another blueberry

One lonely strawberry is blooming before all the rest.
Early strawberry

I planted a few kinnikinnick last week, just in time for the flowers.
Kinnikinnick

Indoors, one of my amaryllis plants is finishing blooming, it had three sections and this is the last. The other amaryllis doesn't seem to want to bloom this year, but I don't do anything to force them to bloom.
Amaryllis

Coming soon.... I found pictures of lilac blooms from this week last year, so we are a little behind - but I think still an earlier than usual spring.
Lilac - maybe next week?

The apples and kiwi blossoms are still not quite here either, although I almost like the buds better than the blooms. I'll change my mind next week.
Apple
Hardy kiwi
And one more preview - coming in April!
Early rose

No comments:

Post a Comment