Tuesday, March 22, 2016

In bloom this week, Mar. 22, 2016

Asian pear

Spring is here and it seems like everything in my yard is in bloom. The Asian pear blossoms came out a few days ago, I love to look at them but they are very smelly! The smell startles me every time I walk by.
Asian pear

Our neighbor's plum tree that hangs over the fence (and yes we pick the plums) is just starting to bloom.

Plum, probably Italian prune variety

All of my spring bulbs are still going strong, although the early bloomers are starting to fade.

Grape Hyacinth

Sunny daffodil

Tulips

A later tulip

Daffodil, anemone and fading hyacinths
One more daffodil

And I have to keep trying to get a good picture of my favorite spring bush!
Flowering currant

When will the apples and hardy kiwi bloom? Check back next week to see!
Apple, not quite there yet

Female hardy kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment