Tuesday, February 23, 2016

In bloom this week: Feb. 23, 2016

Daffodils

Daffodils! Mine actually bloom a little later than others in the neighborhood, so I'm always eagerly watching them. I have them planted in quite a few areas in the yard now and they spread on their own in this climate so there are more every year. The bright blooms are quite cheerful for late winter!

Forsythia and pieris japonica
Forsythia

Similarly, both of my forsythia bushes are just starting to bloom while others have been in full bloom for a week. I'm sure I have some flowers that bloom earlier than my neighbors, but apparently not the early spring bloomers.

Anemone

I have a few very small anemones planted along the front fence and found the first bloom today too.

Although I've been watching the flowering currant and Oregon grape since January, they are both still barely blooming. There are a few small flowers and tons of buds that aren't in a hurry to open.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too, unfortunately the squirrels do too so I don't have as many as I planted

      Delete