Sunday, May 7, 2017

In bloom this week: May 7, 2017

Aquilegia
I spend most of last week away from home, traveling for work, and it was so nice to come home to a bunch of new blooms. The weather was warm here and then rained (plus I missed an impressive lightening storm) and that seems to be what my plants wanted.

Shrubs in the front yard; lilacs are going quickly this year, I think the rain makes them fade away faster:
Lilac
Second variety of lilac
Wisteria

Flowers in my native meadow:

Shooting star
Shooting star
Camas
Camas
Camas
Have to look this one up

Aquilegia all around the yard, grown from seed last year:



In the rose garden - yes, the first rose of the year!

Allium
Also allium - chives
Creeping phlox

What's next? Two of my three peonies planted last year have buds! And irises all around the yard.

Peony
Bearded iris
Bearded irises and delphinium

No comments:

Post a Comment