Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - May 2017

Irises

The heavy rain started before I could shut down at work yesterday, so no bloom pictures from May 15th. We'll have to settle for the 16th. Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting the mid-month roundup of what's in bloom around the world.

Most roses aren't blooming yet, but plenty of other plants in my rose garden are covering for them:

Allium
Bearded irises
Chives
Aquilegia
Catmint
Rose blooming on the other side of the driveway

Around the rest of the yard, the aquilegia seem to be a theme:

Wisteria
Aquilegia in retaining wall bed
Hardy kiwi
Strawberries, yumm
Lupine
Aquilegia holding it's own against the raspberries
Oops, this aquilegia was supposed to be red
Aquilegia
Thrift
New clematis


Inside, I can never get a good picture of my African violets:




What's next? Many more irises, delphiniums, lupine, roses and annuals in hanging baskets:



4 comments:

  1. Your plants look great! I really like your new clematis. It´s such a beautiful colour! I am looking forward to seeing your roses bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Roses are getting closer - so much later than last year but that's ok

      Delete
  2. All very pretty!
    I especially like the Iris and the new Clematis
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete