Monday, April 10, 2017

Goodbye, lovely mulch pile


This lovely pile of organic matter appeared in our driveway days before Halloween. We decorated it with a skeleton and then added a Santa hat for Christmas:




.... but the mulch was slowly being carted away to other areas. The last wheelbarrow load was finally hauled off in late March.

Goodbye mulch pile, hello new planting area on the south side of the driveway

I thought it would be fun to look at all of the places that it went, as an overview of the yard now. We also used some of it in the rose beds, which I didn't take pictures of. I can already tell that I need more mulch in some of these areas, but I don't think I could handle another full load, so thinking about alternatives.

Camellia and rhodie bed, along north fence
New winter garden with with hazel and sarcococca, north side of driveway
Under the kitchen deck
Filling in the hillside after railroad ties were removed
Native border at the bottom of the hill (east side of the yard)

No comments:

Post a Comment