Tuesday, March 28, 2017

In bloom this week: March 28, 2017


Now that it's really starting to feel like spring, I can brag that here in western Washington, we have the longest spring in the country. Average high temperatures are above 50 degrees but below 70 degrees for about four months. We get a lot of rain too, but that just helps the flowers grow! Every time I go outside, I find more flowers.

First the bushes - my favorite bush, the native flowering currant, plus forsythia and (behind the forsythia) pieris japonica keeps on blooming:




Spring bulbs - crocuses, anemones, hyacinth, grape hyacinth and daffodils scattered all around the yard:


Plus, hellebores that have been blooming since December:



What's next? Oregon grape always takes longer to go from buds to blooms than I expect, so the Asian pear tree may beat it:




No comments:

Post a Comment