Sunday, March 19, 2017

In bloom this week: March 19, 2017

Forsythia! - and pieris japonica

Spring officially arrives at 3:29 am tomorrow and it's finally starting to feel like winter is over, with a glorious sunny day today. Average last frost for my location is March 24, although I won't trust that this year.

My favorite area right now - hellebores and crocuses in bloom and aquilegia is growing

Crocuses
Anemone blanda
Hyacinth, so close


Unknown bulb in the bottom corner of the yard, finally not covered by weeds

Cheerful daffodil

This may be cheating since I just planted these, but I'm enjoying them and hope they'll spread.

Snowdrop

Fritillaria meleagris - see the colored bloom on the right

Here's a couple of weeds, but I'm even happy to see them after a long winter.

Purple dead nettle

Dandelion at dusk

What's next? 

My favorite spring shrub, our native flowering currant

No comments:

Post a Comment