Saturday, October 14, 2017

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - October 2017



Hello, fall! The trees have really changed color in the last two weeks and many summer blooms are gone. Winter seems far away still though.

Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting this monthly roundup of blooms! I've missed a few months, I think I've still been taking as many garden photos but apparently not at the middle of the month.

In the rose garden, a few roses are hanging on and probably will until we get a hard freeze, but the profusion of blooms is done.

Salvia
Lavender

There are more blooms in my play garden, a little area next to the back deck. This will eventually be shaded out by the new red maple, but for now I'm enjoying the flowers.

Hollyhocks, 2nd year
Dahlia
Delphinium reblooming
Salvia 'hot lips'
Salvia 'hot lips'
Cosmos
Cosmos
Cosmos


The side shade garden has flowers too, my vision for this area is for fall and winter blooms.

Anemone
Fuchsia 'genii' has bloomed all summer
Hollyhocks, first year


Plus a few other blooms around the yard:

Pearly everlasting
Seaside daisy
Lewisia
Last sunflower that the squirrels haven't gotten to
Nasturtium

No comments:

Post a Comment