Friday, June 2, 2017

In bloom this week: June 2, 2017

Peonies

Peonies are blooming! I planted three in the fall of 2015 and they didn't bloom last year, but two are finally blooming now. Roses are taking off now too, and they're a great combination, I'm really enjoying my rose garden right now.

This should be a red peony, but I would call it a dark pink
Rose
The red roses are very hard to get a good picture of
Unknown rose
Bearded iris
Aquilegia
Catmint, geranium and allium seed heads
Unknown succulent from my mom


In a shadier bed below the rose garden, the lemon balm and geraniums are battling for dominance, but foxglove don't care.

Foxglove, geranium and lemon balm
Foxglove, geranium and lemon balm


Across the driveway, just a few blooms in my new dry shade border. This area should fill in a lot by next year.

Geranium macrorrhizum 'White Ness'
Cedar sage, grown from seed

Around back, one of my new rhododendrons is blooming. This whole area will be shady when my new red maple tree grows, but for now I still have sun loving flowers here too.

Rhododendron 'Lee's Dark Purple'
Rhododendron 'Lee's Dark Purple'
Mixed delphiniums
Mixed delphiniums
Mixed delphiniums
Bearded irises are almost done
At the bottom of the yard, lots of blooms on the sunny hillside and meadow too. 

Seaside daisy, Oregon sedum and sea thrift
Salvia 'Hot Lips', smaller than last year but survived the winter

Rock rose
Mixed poppies in the back corner
Poppies

What's next? After we eat some strawberries, I'm very curious to see what this mountain laurel will look like in bloom.

Yum!
Mountain laurel, kalmia latifolia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment