Saturday, September 17, 2016

In bloom this week, Sept. 17, 2016

Zinnias
Hello, fall, my favorite season! We had a little rain earlier in the month but I was away from home for most of it, so today feels like the first real rainy day. I was a little worried that it would be sad to watch my garden fade after all the work I've done this year, but I'm still excited to see what each season will look like. It's not all about flowers - but I'll enjoy them while I can.

I took these pictures in the middle of the week, so these are the last warm summer days. This isn't quite the end for summer flowers though, it will be fun to see how long all of my new plants bloom for. I know we usually have a few roses through October.

Zinnias along the street

New clematis 'Blue Light' in the rose garden

Same clematis





Hollyhock that has fallen over into the lavender

Balloon flower, reblooming


Dahlia

Delphinium, reblooming

Lupine has bloomed all summer

Unknown succulent

No comments:

Post a Comment