Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - May, 2018

Bearded irises

I'm sure I've been working outside every day this month, hauling topsoil and wood chips, planting, weeding, watering. But even the harder physical labor feels like a respite from the stress of the job that pays the bills. Spring is such a lovely time to be outdoors, something new is blooming everywhere I turn!

Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting the monthly roundup of blooms.


My red collection of bearded irises, planted last summer
The hardiest bearded irises ever
This bearded iris was a freebie
My oldest bearded iris, rescued from a shady bed
Non-bearded irises
Aquilegia
Camassia and California poppies
Riverbank lupine is taking over my meadow
Limnanthes douglasii
Chives
Dogwood, cornus kousa 'Rosy Teacups', still a baby
Roses are just starting
Jupiter's beard, centranthus ruber, planted from seed last year
Foxglove, planted from seed last year
Rhododendron 'Lee's Dark Purple'
Big blooms on a baby Rhododendron 'Polarnacht' 
Unknown rhododendron in the front yard


What's next? Peonies! All three that I planted in the fall of 2016 have buds this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment