Friday, June 16, 2017

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - June 2017

Geranium and sedum
After an inch of rain yesterday, my garden looks a little soggy but very lush. I'm thankful that this rain will delay the start of daily watering. I'm working toward less watering overall, but a lot of new bushes and trees means more watering this year.

Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting this monthly roundup of blooms! June is the month for roses:



My blue/purple preference is showing:

Harebell
Aquilegia - this one plant has been blooming for months
Delphinium
Delphinium
Fuschias in hanging basket

But I do have a few other colors:

Mountain laurel, kalmia latifolia
Fireweed, fallen over in the rain
Salvia 'hot lips'
Verbascum 'wedding candles'
Zinnia, grown from seed
Coreopsis, if I remember right


What's next? These lovely hardy fuschias in the ground, and not hardy fuschias in hanging baskets:

1 comment:

  1. Have just planted some Coreopsis plants so I wait we some expectation now

    ReplyDelete